… all that’s lacking is the action. Pressing the “GO” button on your big adventure.
So why don’t we take action, when we know we “should”?
- Are we not ready?
- Are we scared?
- Are we unsure what will happen next?
- Are we undeserving of success?
- Are we embarrassed about it?
- Are we too lazy?
I don’t think there’s a single answer, but I know I can empathise with all of the above. But
- You’ll never be ready – new experiences are always new until we get used to them
- You’re entitled to be scared, but reframe it as excitement about the unknown
- You can’t know what will happen next until the next thing happens but you will cope with it
- Deserving doesn’t come into it. You can always give it away once you’ve got it
- You’ll soon get over the embarrassment, especially as no one else really cares
- Laziness is a choice. If you want it you will do your best. Don’t believe people who tell you you’re lazy
The last of those is a particular bugbear of mine that I’ll go into another time.
Meanwhile, if the big red “GO” button is waiting for your finger, press it. And see what happens next.